It’s Mother’s Day in a few days but most importantly it is my very first Mother’s Day and I feel like a kid Counting down the number of sleeps they go to Disneyland or something. I’m too excited it’s becoming ridiculous!a candy!
It’s just dawned on me that aside from Valentine’s Day, my birthday and Christmas, I now have an extra day to be given a gift (cue the hubby rolling his eyes) and rightly so. I created life and then pushed her out to the world. It should be Mother’s Day everyday if you ask me! Seriously though, I always wondered what my very first Mother’s Day would be like and now it’s here and I can’t contain myself! Whilst I still don’t know what hubby and bubba have in store for me on the day – if anything at all, I certainly have a few ideas for the gifts I’d love to receive.
I love bargain hunting and online shopping is such a godsend because being a new mum, I can’t always go out to shop so it’s great that I can pretty much type whatever on Google and get my retail therapy on. It was actually my mother’s birthday last week and whilst browsing the net for possible gift ideas, I came across this website http://www.findmeagift.co.uk. The website is kinda like notonthehighstreet.com but much I found that it was more affordable and suitable for bargain hunters like myself. They’ve even got a sale on Mother’s Day giftsI which is even great so I was able to look around andcome up with my top 5 gifts under £30 – perfect for those on a budget:
1. Wine Bottle Glass £16.99 – I stumbled across this bottle glass and immediately fell in love with it. I’m not much a of a drinker and even less so since I fell pregnant and had my baby but there are times when I’ve worked so hard taking care of my baby, hubby, the home, etc. that I just feel like murdering a glass of red wine, if not a whole bottle and with this gift you get to do both. #happydays
2. Bath Bubble Machine £11.99 – I love the idea of a bubble bath at the end of the day after I’m done being supermum and just want some time to myself. I wouldn’t have thought of such a gift but when I saw it, it made me wanna take a bath so this could be a perfect gift for mummy dearest.
3. Mum Definition Candle £9.99 – my mother is my absolute everything and when I see the way my daughter looks at me, I can just tell that I’m her absolute world too. I’m obsessed with candles and this gift is perfect for illustrating the many different hats mums wear and let them know they deserve the world.
4. Personalised I Heart My Mummy Mug £9.99 – rightly or wrongly, we’ve all given our mums a mug at least once (or 3) on Mother’s Day. It may be a predictable and cliché gift but this mug is so cute that I wouldn’t even be mad if I got it as a gift. It’s a constant reminder to mummies how much they are loved.
5. Farrero Rocher Chocolate Tree £26.99 – giving chocolate on Mother’s Day is kinda like the mug situation but who can say no to this piece of art?! Can we all agree that this is genius right here!I’m on a no sugar diet so I won’t be eating this but I can sure look at it all day! Plus, it looks too cute to eat anyway.
I’m sure I’ll love whatever gift my little family gets me on Sunday but a mamma can sure wish!
P.S: this post is not sponsored or an ad